Thursday, December 20, 2012

2012 Year in Review : Part I (a)- Washington DC Trip!


Actually, I am inspired by Facebook to write about my very next entry (2nd entry after exactly one year. I know)  – the 2012 year in review. I scrolled over my FB timeline and I realized how time flies so fast! My God, I didn’t realize there were so MANY things had happened in one year. So, this thing on FB kinda inspired me to write a brief post on each memorable experience that I gained dalam masa setahun ni… So let’s start with the very first part of 2012. *I love all these moments and I chose to preserve them by writing them out.*

Part I (a)- DC Trip and 2012 New Year’s Celebration in New York City!

Setiap tahun, around mid-December and early January, bdk2 college smua start cuti Winter Break. So, ktorg plan nk mengisi masa cuti dgn jalan2 ke NYC. Kononnya nk celebrate New Year kt NYC but that was not the main reason why ktorg gerak ke NYC. Actually, I was so stupid and careless to realize that my passport was going to expired on April 2012 and I wanted to go back to Malaysia on May 2012. So, I terpaksa laa pergi General Consulate of Malaysia to get a new passport with some friends yg sudi tag along. Since NYC and Washington DC is not that far, ktorg decide to visit DC as well. And also Virgina state sbb Virginia dekat gler ngan Washington DC. Just naik Subway in few minutes leh smpai negeri yg ada Pentagon tu. 

a) Washington DC & Virginia

Kat sini ktorg bermalam 2 mlm sbb xde ape sgt pn kt sini. All the attractions can be visited in 1-2 days. Some places yg ktorg sempat pegi were The Capitol, The White House, Pentagon, Washington Monument, Washington Cupcake, Smithsonian Air Space Museum. X sempat nk pegi tmpat yg ad statue Abraham Lincoln and reflecting pool (One of The ransformers shooting scene) sbb hari nk pegi tu hujan lebat gler. Ktorg smua dah kalut and basah kuyup smpai completely lupa nk singgah jap tempat tu. *However, 2nd trip ke DC ktorg pegi tempat2 ni. Will cover that later*.


                                                                             Well, hello Washington DC!


 The Capitol, The White House, Washington Monument and Smithsonian Air Space Museum -- all these attractions very near to each other. Boleh jalan kaki jer. So, korg bleh spend one whole day kt area ni (or more kalau korg minat the air space museum). Kat depan White House ni, at least ad 4 buah kereta polis just nak monitor visitors yg duk sibuk pose dpn tu (including me, of course). 


The Capitol

                                                                                     White House


The Smithsonian Air Space Museum ni masuk free jer. Best gak la tempat ni especially kalau korg minat bnda2 cam science and technology. ada space shuttle, satellite, first airplane yg the Wright Brothers reka dlu2 and etc. I xde la minat sgt tmpt ni tp sbb ni location shooting cite The Night at Museum, of course laaa I kena visit. + it's free, ape lagi. Redah jer. 


                                                                             Smithsonian Air Space Museum


As for Georgetown Cupcakes, kedai kt area downtown DC. Ktorg jalan kaki lama gila (rs nk give up sparuh jalan) + tersesat jalan skejap. I swear more than 20 blocks ktorg jln just smata2 nk try the famous Red Velvet Cupcake. Smpai2 tu pulak, Tuhan jer tau betapa panjang nye nk kena beratur. Sumpah ramai gler org!. I told myself that I had walked this far, hence the cupcakes better be good. And yup. They were REALLY REALLY GOOD. The cupcakes with the creamcheese frosting, just PERFECT. So, kalau korg pergi DC, jgn lupa singgah Georgetown Cupcake and try dye punya Red Velvet and Chocolate Ganache sbb mmg sgt2 berbaloi gua x tipu. 




                                                Georgetown Cupcakes ( also known as DC Cupcakes kt TV show)

Tak ade gambar kt Virginia, or specifically Pentagon sbb tempat tu sumpah scary gler. Ad papan tanda "No Camera" like literally everywhere. So xde ape sgt la ktorg dpt tgk kt sini melainkan tembok besar pagar Pentagon tu. Cam kayu pn ad dtg sini. But hey. At least sampai Virgini.  LOL

Next post. Part b: New York City!

NOTE: All photos credited to Nurul, Paan and Aishah. I x amik gambar satu pn. Just masuk lam gmbar jer.

No comments:

Post a Comment